While at the farmers market we picked up some fresh rhubarb and strawberries. Time for a crisp! Rhubarb is one of my favorites and adding the fresh strawberries gives this crisp a sweetness that is delicious. This is an easy recipe to make and only takes about an hour. First chop up the fruit.Add to large bowl with the sugar corn starch mixture. Toss to coat.Pour into a baking dish. Now time to make the topping.Here is the good stuff! Flour, butter, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.Sprinkle on top of the fruit and toss into a 350 degree oven.Bake for about 45 minutes, until crisp and fruit is bubbly. Let cool a bit before serving.
My grandma used to make rhubarb pie but I think this crisp would make her proud! Cheers!!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 T cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup GF oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cups melted butter
- 1/3 cups GF flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine sugar and cornstarch. Add fruit, toss to coat. Spoon into an 8 x 8 baking dish. (I used a 10×7).
- In a small bowl combine oats, brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve warm.